Thursday, March 22, 2012

Prototyping with App Cooker

I recently started a new project that requires a considerable amount of form entry on the iPad. The notion of using IB to mock up the UI seemed daunting, so I decided to look for prototyping alternatives. After an hour of digging around on the net and reading reviews I settled on App Cooker.

First impressions are important. If I don't get comfortable with a tool in the first 30 minutes of use then I probably never will. App Cooker did not disappoint. In no time I felt like an old pro. Building mockups is easy and intuitive. App Cooker provides easy access to most of your iOS widgets and views. It's easy to chain pages together so users can step through your prototype and see how the app should flow. The demo mode is simple yet effective.

App Cooker provides a lot of functionality beyond just prototyping that I have not had a chance to use. But even without those features it's a great tool .. one that I can easily recommend.

No comments: